Posted 2 years ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Shift: Not Stated
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Send this job to a friend
Medical Assistant II
Schedule: Full-time 30-40 hours
Job ID: 36809
Job Code: 400207
Certified Medical Assistant
Responsible for clinical duties such as taking vital signs, giving injections, performing simple diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
· Greets, checks in patients, and notifies appropriate provider. Prepares patient, room and equipment for procedures and exams.
· Takes and records vital signs. Informs provider of patient vital signs and concerns.
· Recognizes and treats emergency patients as a priority, assists with patient examinations and treatments.
· Handles patient situations over the phone, schedules appointments and procedures with medical professionals. Understands limitations in dealing with patients over the phone, and involves nursing staff and providers.
· Register new patients and establishes a medical record.
· Prepares patient billings.
· Assists patients by filling out insurance and other forms.
· Supplies authorized information upon request by third party payors.
· Instructs patients in preparation for specific procedures.
· Collects and processes routine laboratory specimen.
· Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
· Maintains and uses aseptic technique including sterilization, disinfection and disposal of contaminated material.
· Cleans, wraps and autoclaves instruments. Cares for supplies and equipment.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
· Previous experience in office or outpatient ambulatory care setting strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team.
· Computer skills strongly preferred.
· Must be willing and able to participate in evening, weekend, and holiday coverage according to needs of the department.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
· American Association Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certified or American
Medical Technologists (AMT) Registered.
· Current BLS certification required.
· Current CPR certification required
· Currently Registered with the New Hampshire Board of Registration for
*Current registration with the New Hampshire Board of Registration for Medical
Technicians per NH RSA 328-I. If not currently registered, candidate must be
willing to obtain registration prior to beginning employment. D-H will assist in
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this Position
Current Employees Click Here to Apply for this Position
back to top