Director Network, Periop Services/Anesthesia
Bassett Healthcare Network
Posted 3 years ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: MSN
Certificates: Not Stated
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Send this job to a friend
Director Network, Periop Services/Anesthesia
Department: Operative Services
Section/Grant: Bassett Medical Center
Schedule: Full time
Develops and coordinates systems and processes which yield an effective, efficient approach to the delivery of Perioperative Services through Bassett Healthcare Network which encompasses the Operating Room (OR), Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Outpatient Care Unit (OPCU), Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU), Procedure Room (PR), Central Sterile Processing (SPD), the Bassett Healthcare Anesthesiology Department (BHC), and Pre-Admission Testing Department (PAT). Integration of systems and process is strategic to the successful delivery of Perioperative Services. In concert with Managers of Perioperative Services throughout the network, develops and directs a workgroup charged with the oversight and development of all aspects of Perioperative Services (equipment, information technology, communication, technical oversight, quality assurance, performance improvement, regulatory and compliance issues). Developing and maintaining network-wide clinical and operational best practices and fiscal accountability will be the cornerstones of the regional program. Working with the individual Perioperative Services Managers, develops and implements programs and services necessary to provide quality services to meet facility specific patient needs. In collaboration with the individual managers develops and implements programs and assists in each department to fulfill its work commitments. Creates a work environment in collaboration with the managers that provides a rich environment and maximum professional satisfaction. Must be willing to travel to the sites on a regular basis. Work is performed in collaboration with the Chief of Surgery, Chief of Anesthesia, Network Chief Nursing Officer, VP of Operations BPG which includes but is not limited to, coordination of program development, new surgeon Perioperative integration, comprehensive operative plan development, and affiliate surgical programs in accordance with New York State and federal regulations as well as hospital policies and procedures established standards for Perioperative practice and regulatory and accreditation requirements.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Masters degree must be obtained within 3 yrs from date of hire
· 5 years of management level experience required
· A total of 10yrs of management level experience will waive the Masters degree requirement
· Experience and skills in project management
· Experience leading people (direct and indirect leadership roles); demonstrated people development results
· Current NYS License as a Registered Professional Nurse or eligibility
· CNOR certification is required or must be obtained within 6 months.
· Demonstrates a specialized level of knowledge and thorough understanding of the practices/procedures related to; Accreditation Standards, Aseptic Techniques, Peri-anesthesia Care, Perioperative Practice, Change Management, Computer Operations, Employee Relations, Quality Improvement, and Staffing and Recruitment.
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, budgets, financial metrics, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination and timing of people and resources
· Working knowledge of and utilization of systems thinking methodologies
· Strong analytical skills
· Highly self-directed with very little operational oversight and project "re-work" required.
· Must have exemplary interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with those from diverse backgrounds, as well as those in senior leadership levels in the organization.
· Ability to define problems identifies complex variables in situations with limited standardization processes, and work towards solutions.
· Ability to work within common computer systems and programs
· Ability to assess, problem solve, and make decisions based on the data available
· Ability to present data in various formats, and various forums to varied audiences
· Ability to implement change
· Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
· Ability to influence and develop collaborative relationships, building cooperation in the pursuit and achievement of organizational goals
· Ability to effectively work with individuals internal and external to the organization.
· Ability to organize often changing work priorities and meet specific objectives under time constraints.
· Ability to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time
· Walking, sitting, lifting no more than 50 pounds
· Must be willing to travel to network hospitals and other sites as needed
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online
back to top