Assistant Nurse Manager - Med/Tele - Altamonte Springs - Nights
Posted 1 month ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: MSN
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Signing Bonus Amount: $1,000,000.00
Complete Job Description
Assistant Nurse Manager – Med/Tele – Altamonte Springs – Nights
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs seeks to hire an Assistant Nurse Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named ‘Best Hospital’ for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents. As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
The Spine Institute is a 36-bed Med/Tele unit newly designed to provide excellent care for our adult patients that are recovering from orthopedic or spine surgeries and may require cardiac monitoring. The unit is modeled to be a center of excellence, has a state of the art rehab area on the unit, and large private patient rooms. All designed for the nursing team’s work flow. Our team is actively engaged in developing best practices focused on taking surgical nursing and the patient’s experience to the next level.
3/12’s; Shifts weekly and every other weekend; 7p-7a
*$10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager or Director in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
Ability to lead the employees of their unit in the delivery of patient care
Ability to lead performance improvement initiatives on their assigned unit
Ability to think critically in relation to the operations of the unit and delivery of patient care
Ability to manage the business of healthcare delivery on their unit
Able to assist and mentor other in relation to the technology utilized on the unit
Excellent clinical practice knowledge and is able to apply this knowledge to the unit setting
Ability to influence relationships and behaviors in relation to meeting the needs of the unit
Acts as a role model for professionalism on their assigned unit of employment
Specific skills as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
Specific knowledge and skills as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) (preferred)
Prior management experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Current registration with the Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
Professional certification (preferred)
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it. Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, and the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies
1. Lead the Employees – Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit. a. Monitors performance of the staff and report’s findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding: Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process. The reassignment of employees for the betterment of patient care delivery. Suspension or other discipline (after consultation with HR and/or NM) for work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations by exercising supervisory authority. Periodic evaluations of supervised employees. Recommends promotion of supervised employees, recommends bonuses and awarding of other discretionary rewards to supervised employees. The assignment of employees to particular duties or activities or to authorize and assign overtime to employees where appropriate. The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work overtime scheduling, and other work-related matters. b. Leads the employees in a manner which develops the employee to their optimal level of performance c. Mentors and coaches employees on a continual basis in order to assure competency in care delivery. Develops staff preceptors and mentors. d. Assures diversity of staff is positively fostered in the work environment. Actively involves all groups in shared decision-making where appropriate. e. Effectively manages conflict and is able to reach a common goal and resolve conflicts f. Creates a work environment that addresses the physical and emotional needs of the staff g. Maintains a customer oriented leadership style. Remembers that patients are the reason for our business. h. Holds self and staff accountable for delivery of care and resulting patient outcomes.
2. Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization. a. Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes. b. Is actively involved in all aspects of patient safety on the unit including but not limited to; sentinel event monitoring and reporting, root cause analysis, DNV requirements, incident reporting, medication safety policies and procedures. c. Assures workplace safety for the employees and demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements for workplace safety, i.e., CMS, OSHA, DNV, etc. d. Is supportive of Process Improvement Initiatives by sponsoring and/or participating in the activities. e. Ensures that practice changes, as a result of performance improvement activities, are implemented. f. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
3. Critical Thinking – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM a. Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills b. Utilizes data driven decision making, incorporating evidence into the decision process c. Appropriately uses problem solving skills d. Thinks of the system as a whole when analyzing data and making decisions e. Is able to utilize critical thinking skills in persuading others
4. Business of Healthcare Delivery – Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics and healthcare public policy as it applies to the delivery of patient care a. Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level. b. Is involved in unit-department based budgeting and support of the budget. Maintains staffing and scheduling, and resource utilization within budgeted targets for the unit. c. Fosters patient, family, staff, and physician satisfaction. Understands the impact of dissatisfaction on the business goals of the unit.
5. Technology – Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit. a. Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit b. Appropriately integrates technology into the day-to-day care of the patient and leverage technology to improve patient care outcomes c. Uses basic computer skills such as word processing, data management, internet/email, and skills to access evidence based information.
6. Clinical Practice Knowledge – Is an expert in the clinical practice requirements of their unit. a. Mentors and precepts employees in the clinical practice requirements of the unit b. Assures appropriate application of clinical knowledge in the care of all patients c. Assesses patients for clinical need. Plans for delivery of care to the patient and evaluates the outcomes of care delivered in relation to clinical effectiveness d. Sets clear expectations in the delivery of clinical practice e. Adheres to models of care established for clinical practice f. Includes support services in the delivery of care g. Ensures that the patient experience is the focus of all services h. Assists the staff, nursing and support staff, to find a sense of meaning and purpose in the delivery of patient-focused care i. Establishes and maintains a communication plan that disseminates key messages and decisions to all involved in the care of a patient. j. Is culturally competent and leads staff in the delivery of culturally competent care k. Utilizes evidence based practice as a foundation for patient care delivery l. Monitors and leads staff in relation to established processes and outcome measures
7. Relationships and Behaviors – Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit a. Utilizes active listening, feedback, inquiry, and validation in communicating with others in relation to meeting the goals of the unit. b. Understands the functions of a group process. Is able to facilitate effective groups for the delivery of nursing care and for collaboration with other disciplines. c. Supports academic relationships through welcoming students to the unit and assisting in their training process. d. Promotes, nurtures, and maintains interdisciplinary relationships in order to assure patient-focused care and better patient outcomes e. Maintain appropriate collaborative relationship with patient, families, staff, vendors, physicians, other disciplines, and other contacts. f. Works collaboratively to define acceptable behaviors from staff, physicians, and other disciplines within the organization and adheres to these acceptable behaviors
8. Professionalism – Demonstrates a professional persona in their work a. Acts as a role model for professional behavior b. Maintains the confidentiality of employees, patients, administration, and medical staff information with no infractions c. Maintains professional appearance and adheres to departmental dress code at all time d. Accepts assignments within or away from the department activity or unit with a positive and cooperative attitude. e. Accepts and profits from direction and counseling. f. Refuses to participate in unethical procedures and assumes the responsibility of informing the appropriate authority of noted incompetence or unethical behavior. g. Utilizes available education materials, programs, literature, and resource personnel for career development. h. Accepts responsibility for knowing current changes in policy, protocols and procedures through the hospital communication systems. i. Supports quality standards, goals and initiatives set by the department and applicable professional organizations. j. Attends mandatory in-services and either attends or reads notes from unit meetings. k. Meets established educational requirements of the position and strive to continue education as appropriate. Maintains own competency.
May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Assistant Nurse Manager opportunity with AdventHealth Altamonte Springs and apply online today.
Applicable experience required.
Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
Full Time employment contract required.
Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Assistant Nurse Manager, ANM, Altamonte Springs, Med Tele
Assistant Nurse Manager – Med/Tele – Altamonte Springs – Nights — 277976
Locations(s) : AdventHealth – Altamonte Springs
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Night