Registered Nurse - Open to New Graduates
North Memorial Health Care
Posted 1 month ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: BSN Preferred
Experience Level: All|Experienced|New Grad
Requisition Number 19-0830
Post Date 5/7/2019
Title Registered Nurse - Open to New Graduates
Department W6 Med/Surg Trauma Surg
Job Group Nursing
Employment Type Part Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 64
Shift Length 8 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement None
Mandatory Wknd Requirement Every Other Weekend
Description The Registered Staff Nurse (RN) provides holistic, care to customers and families. The focus is on independent, collaborative and delegated nursing functions as described in standards and competencies specific to the assigned service area. The scope of practice may include the care of neonates, infants, children, young adults, adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle. The RN executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning; implementation; and evaluation. The RN develops and revises the customer’s plan of care, coordinates care among disciplines and delegates activities to other customer care providers as appropriate. The RN participates in shared accountability and decision-making for nursing practices. Through active participation in practice and by implementing personal leadership qualities and skill, the RN defines, implements, and improves practice standards and the environment of care and promotes remarkable customer care.
Unit/Department Specific (if applicable)
Variation of duties may result based on the assigned customer care unit(s). This may include differences in the specific clinical skills required of the RN. Unit based skill lists outline expectations beyond the house wide RN requirements.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
• Minimum of 6 months acute care RN experience required
Willing to consider new graduates for 0.7 FTE positions or higher with an Associate degree, Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in Nursing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Additional certification preferred, as appropriate, for chosen area(s) of nursing practice (i.e., CEN, CCRN)
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice.
• Knowledge of nursing ethics.
License Requirement • Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, pre-employment requirement
• NRP - in applicable units
• TNCC - in applicable units
• ACLS - in applicable units
• Current Wisconsin RN license - in applicable units
• EMT - in applicable units
• PALS - Air Care RNs
• CEN, CCRN or CFRN within 18 months of hire date for Air Care RNs
• Home Health, Ambulance Services - Criticare and Air Care RNs: Valid Class D driver's license in state of residency with acceptable driving record, and annual proof of auto insurance per hospital policy
Send This Job to a Friend