Registered Nurse Case Manager
North Memorial Health Care
Posted 1 month ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: BSN Preferred
Certificates: Not Stated
Experience Level: All
Compensation: Not Stated
Requisition Number 19-1130
Post Date 6/13/2019
Title Registered Nurse Case Manager
Department Care Management
Job Group Nursing
Employment Type Part Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 64
Shift Length 8 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement None
Mandatory Wknd Requirement Every 4th Weekend
Description The case manager provides clinically-based care coordination to support the delivery of quality customer care as efficiently as possible. The case manager has accountability for individual customers ensuring quality clinical outcomes, appropriate resource management, and discharge planning for customers within an assigned caseload. With the customer, family and health care team, the case manager creates and organizes a discharge plan for medically complex customers appropriate to the customer’s needs and ensures that the customer is receiving the right care, at the right level across the continuum. In addition, the case manager must know the disease, the trajectory of illness, the treatment plan, the standard of care for the diagnosis, the expected outcome and the length of stay (LOS) for the case type. Case Manager will be responsible for progression of care of all customers and must assist the Interdisciplinary Team in determining appropriate LOS, appropriateness of setting, medical necessity and status.
• Three to five years previous acute care nursing experience required.
• Hospital case management and utilization management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of current case management principles, utilization management, length of stay management and/or transition/discharge planning highly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Knowledge of current nursing principles, techniques and procedures required.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required; BSN or BAN preferred.
License Requirement • Current RN license in the state of Minnesota.
Send This Job to a Friend