Nursing Assistant: Trauma Med/Surg
North Memorial Health Care
Posted 3 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All|Student
Requisition Number 19-0895
Post Date 5/11/2019
Title Nursing Assistant: Trauma Med/Surg
Department W6 Med/Surg Trauma Surg
Job Group Nursing
Employment Type Part Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 64
Shift Length 8 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement None
Mandatory Wknd Requirement Every Other Weekend
Description The Nursing Assistant assists the care team in providing age specific supportive, compassionate care and in ensuring a safe environment for customers and families. The Nursing Assistant receives direction and works with the care team to meet the defined goals of the customer, shift, department and organization. Communication with the health care team related to progress, concerns, questions or problems that arise are an essential element of the role.
Unit/Department Specific (if applicable)
Variation of duties may result based on the assigned customer care unit(s). This may include differences in the specific clinical skills required of the nursing assistant. Unit based skill lists outline expectations beyond the house wide nursing assistant requirements.*
*See supporting information available in Policy/Procedure # NA0002 - Customer Assignment.
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Successful completion of a State of Minnesota administered certification exam for nursing assistants, or completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program.
• One year of nursing assistant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in oral and written English sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Skill in basic computer operation.
License Requirement • Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, pre-employment requirement. BLS Certifications obtained online will not be accepted.
Additional Requirements Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required within 30 days of hire or transfer. BLS Certifications obtained online will not be accepted.
Send This Job to a Friend