North Memorial Health Care
Posted 2 years ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: BSN Preferred
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Requisition Number 17-0800
Post Date 5/15/2017
Title Nurse Manager
Department Float Unit
Job Group Managers & Executives
Employment Type Full Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 80
Shift Length 8 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement On/Off Premise Call
Mandatory Wknd Requirement None
Description Nurse Managers coordinate activities between defined areas, and provide clinical and administrative leadership and expertise. Nurse Managers facilitate an atmosphere of interactive management and the development of collegial relationships among nursing personnel and others. Nurse Managers serve as a link between nursing personnel and other healthcare disciplines/ workers throughout the organization and within the healthcare community. Nurse Managers have major responsibility for the implementation of the vision, mission, philosophy, core values, evidence based practice, and the standards of the organization, and nursing services within their defined areas of responsibility.
The Nurse Manager coordinates the operations of one or more defined areas of nursing services. The Nurse Manager is accountable for nursing practice under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer. Nurse Managers support, facilitate, role model, and operationalize the vision of North Memorial.
• Ensures that care is delivered with respect for individuals’ rights and preferences.
• Develops and implements policy and procedures that guide and support the provision of nursing services.
• Assumes responsibility to ensure that assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering the scope of practice, competencies, customer needs and complexity of care.
• Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
• Builds an environment of shared commitment and engagement to the department’s goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Utilizes process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of service/care.
• Ensures shared accountability for professional practice and annually evaluates performance of personnel.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Achieves key customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program approved by the MN Board of Nursing.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing or willingness to obtains a Bachelor's degree in Nursing within 3-4 years required.
• Minimum of two years of experience in clinical service area.
• Two years of progressive leadership or management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice
• Knowledge of nursing ethics
• Skill in managing conflict effectively in a manner that quickly finds common ground to solve issues
• Knowledge of labor relations principles and negotiation process preferred
License Requirement • Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota
• BLS certification or obtained within 6 months
Additional Requirements BSN/BAN required-Master's in a related field preferred
Send This Job to a Friend