PATIENT SCHEDULING & SERVICE ASSISTANT
Posted 1 week ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: High School Degree Required
Experience Level: All
Compensation: Not Stated
PATIENT SCHEDULING & SERVICE ASSISTANT
Bryan Health · BRYAN MEDICAL CENTER
Full-time, Day shift, Mon - Fri; every 4th Sat 0630 - noon
Req # 16616
The Patient Scheduling & Service Assistant provides front-line support for all patient scheduling, reception and office coordination for efficient and orderly Specialty Clinic operations. Schedules patient appointments, enters patient data, completes filing/scanning/record maintenance tasks, and supports medical staff in providing patient care by assisting in patient/specimen/medication transport, maintaining room and office supplies and attending to routine patient needs.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Receives, greets, screens and directs patients, physicians, visitors and Medical Center personnel by telephone or in person; provides accurate responses in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner; relays accurate messages in a timely fashion.
3. *Calls patients prior to physician's clinic to confirm appointment date and time.
4. *Ensures scheduling processes are followed and patient appointments are scheduled in a timely manner; utilizes computer to input data and retrieve information; collaborates with other departments to coordinate exams and treatments, minimizing fragmentation and enhancing patient satisfaction.
5. *Contacts patients after 'No Show' appointments to re-schedule or follow-up as needed; returns phone calls to patients regarding scheduling, insurance or requested follow-up as needed.
6. *Generates, assembles, files, logs and distributes patient charts including forms, physician orders and labels according to patient type and specific departmental needs; enters patient care orders and updates patient's plan of care when new orders are processed; initiates insurance verification process as appropriate.
7. *Performs patient charge entry and reconciliation process by checking daily patient charges for accuracy; follows up with physicians or medical staff when incomplete or erroneous information is noted; acts as primary liaison with Patient Financial Services and Health Information Management regarding billing and patient record documentation; assures updated forms in drop box.
8. *Maintains confidential environment when communicating patient information; promptly reports priority patient information to appropriate staff; exchanges accurate and thorough information with others by communicating clearly and following Bryan policies and procedures.
9. *Inventories, orders and maintains appropriate supply inventories for patient rooms and office areas; stocks patient rooms as needed; contacts vendors as needed to ensure proper equipment functioning and maintenance.
10. *Trains co-workers and new personnel on work-related duties as assigned; reads, reviews and operationalizes new/revised policies and procedures to co-workers via email, posting, mailing, voice mail and meetings.
11. *Understands and operationalizes federal and state regulations and organizational policies regarding COBRA, Medicare, Corporate Compliance, Joint Commission, OSHA and HIPAA; reports all safety, privacy and regulatory concerns to Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalency required. Minimum of two (2) years experience in a medical office or medical-related patient accounts or registration experience required. Medical Terminology training/education preferred.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Bryan Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network!