Posted 1 week ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
BPN MEDICAL OFFICE RN
Bryan Health · BRYAN PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Full-time, Day shift
Req # 15991
The BPN Medical Office RN assists physician's with examinations and procedures to serve the medical needs of patients with various health conditions in a professional, confidential, and caring manner. Coordinates the flow of patients, phone calls, lab work, and nurse visits to facilitate quality patient care and customer service goals. Provides professional nursing care as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirement and organizational policies and procedures.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. *Collects subjective and objective data and contributes to the assessment of the patient; documents appropriately in the patient chart.
2. *Makes accurate and timely observations and documents changes in the patient's condition in the patient chart.
3. *Retrieves messages and responds to calls from patients, pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes and other medical offices by use of telephone and computer in a timely manner as delegated by licensed heath care provider (MD, PA, NP)
4. *Assists the physician or provider with all examinations and procedures.
5. *Keeps the exam rooms clean, disinfected and stocked with necessary supplies.
6. *Schedules outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals by telephone in a timely manner; adheres to the referral process of the practice.
7. *Explains tests and preparation as needed for adequate patient education.
8. *Reads and follows policies and procedure manuals for the practice.
9. Monitors inventory of supplies and communicates information to Office Manager.
10. *Administers injections, vital signs, vision and auditory testing as delegated.
11. *Distributes required vaccination materials and obtains required authorized signature from patient, parent, or guardian as needed.
12. *Completes patient chart in a thorough and timely fashion.
13. *Maintains flow of patients in accordance with time of appointment in order to avoid delays for the provider and undue waiting for patients.
14. *Responsible for compliance with OSHA and safety plans of the practice.
Graduation from an accredited professional nursing program required. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Nebraska required. Current Basic Life support (BLS) certification required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Bryan Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.