BPN MEDICAL OFFICE LPN/LRT
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
BPN MEDICAL OFFICE LPN/LRT
Send This Job to a Friend
BRYAN URGENT CARE
The BPN Medical Office LPN assists physician's with examinations and procedures to serve the medical needs of patients with various health conditions in a professional, confidential, and caring manner. Coordinates the flow of patients, phone calls, lab work, and nurse visits to facilitate quality patient care and customer service goals. Provides professional nursing care as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirement and organizational policies and procedures. Follows prescribed techniques for proceducing general and specific x-rays for diagnostic purposes. Performs tasks as ordered by MD in Urgent Care clinic. Follows direction given by Radiology Technologist.
Principal Job Functions:
1. *Collects subjective and objective data and contributes to the assessment of the patient; documents appropriately in the patient chart.
2. *Makes accurate and timely observations and documents changes in the patient's condition in the patient chart.
3. *Retrieves messages and responds to calls from patients, pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes and other medical offices by use of telephone and computer in a timely manner as delegated by licensed heath care provider (MD, RN, PA, NP)
4. *Assists the physician or provider with all examinations and procedures.
5. *Keeps the exam rooms clean, disinfected and stocked with necessary supplies.
6. *Schedules outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals by telephone in a timely manner; adheres to the referral process of the practice.
7. *Explains tests and preparation as needed for adequate patient education.
8. *Reads and follows policies and procedure manuals for the practice.
9. *Administers injections, vital signs, vision and auditory testing as delegated.
10. *Distributes required vaccination materials and obtains required authorized signature from patient, parent, or guardian as needed.
11. *Prepares patient for x-ray, explains procedures to patient and/or family, prepares room, equipment and materials as needed.
12. *Practices radiation protection techniques to limit exposure to patient and medical staff.
13. *Maintains CD library of x-rays taken, retrieves and logs x-rays requested or copies made for patients or referring physicians.
14. *Performs x-ray quality assurance tests and maintains x-ray quality assurance records; turns in personal radiology exposure badges to Radiology Technologist for evaluation as required by State law.
15. *Transmits x-ray images to radiology group for interpretation; follows transmission with phone call; ensures hard copy of report is given to MD for review and notation.
16. *Documents patient chart with procedures performed in a thorough and timely fashion.
17. *Maintains flow of patients in accordance with time of appointment in order to avoid delays for the provider and undue waiting for patients.
18. *Responsible for compliance with OSHA and safety plans of the practice.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited professional nursing program required. Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Nebraska required. Completion of accredited limited radiology technologist program. Current registration with the State of Nebraska as a Limited Radiographer to perform Core, Chest, Extremities and Spine x-rays. Current Basic Life support (BLS) certification required.
Send to Myself
Current Employees Click Here to Apply
Return to Search Results