Posted 1 week ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: Not Stated
Certificates: Not Stated
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Bryan Health · BRYAN MEDICAL CENTER
Part-time, Day & evening shifts, 8 hr evening shifts; every 4th weekend
Req # 15986
The Admission-Discharge-Transfer (ADT) Nurse is responsible for supporting the admission, discharge and transfer process to facilitate patient throughput in the organization.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Completes the Admission Data Base, Allergy Assessment, Home Medication Assessment, and Health History on scheduled, unscheduled or direct patient admissions on patient care units.
3. *Supports the patient discharge process in terms of medication reconciliation and finalizing discharge orders; makes follow-up appointments, calls in prescriptions, completes the discharge summary, provides patient instructions and documents discharge teaching.
4. *Communicates what aspects of the discharge process have been completed with the staff nurse that is responsible for the patient.
5. *Collaborates with nursing personnel daily to assist in the admission and discharge needs of the organization.
(Essential Job functions are marked with an asterisk "*". Refer to the Job Description Guide for the definition of essential and non-essential job functions.) Attach Addendum for positions with slightly different roles or work-specific differences as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act. Must provide evidence of certification and/or instruction for practice area as required by State or Federal standards/regulations. Minimum of one (1) year experience conducting patient admission, transfer and/or discharge activities required.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Bryan Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.