(RN ONLY) Transitional Care Unit
Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
Job Title: (RN ONLY) Transitional Care Unit
Job Req # 18111
Department: 6030-HOLDING TRANSITIONAL CARE
Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Responsible for providing nursing care for patients during the intraoperative phase of the perioperative experience based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Performs nursing activities in the operating room where the circulating nurse is the patient's advocate. Answers patient needs by assisting the physician and person responsible for anesthesia care. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports DHR vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Experience in the Operating Room is strongly preferred. Ability to practice nursing as described by the following definition: “The diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health alternations.” Ability to utilize the best nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not limited to administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others. The successful candidate will be required to pass competencies for this position.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
• Current registered nurse’s license in the State of Texas
• Current BLS certification, ACLS certification within six (6) months of hire for general OR.
• PALS, NRP certification within six (6)months of hire for Women’s Hospital employees
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to read, write and speak English required
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
• Prefer hospital experience