Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
Job Title: (RN ONLY) Pedi
Job Req # 19711
Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for departmental specific patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
• Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Texas and ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
• Performs nursing care using sound judgment.
• Implements physician’s orders in a safe and accurate manner.
• Assists with admitting, discharging and transferring patients.
• Transcribes and implements new physician orders.
• Adapts to the needs of the unit by demonstrating flexibility/adaptability.
• Maintains detailed and accurate records of nursing actions.
• Participates in health/therapeutic counseling, teaching/emotional support for patients and significant others.
• Makes rounds on assigned patients and prioritizes patient’s needs.
• Maintains a safe and clean environment for patients and co-workers.
• Provides and receives reports in a status of patients at the change of shifts.
• Administers medication and therapies within the scope of safe nursing practice.
• Formulates, modifies and implements goal oriented patient care plans according to facility policies.
• Assumes responsibility to report clinical limitations or the need for assistance to the supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Abides by the rules and regulations set forth by the Board of Nurse Examiners
• Adheres to policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
• Informs the charge nurse of any anticipated and/or actual issues/problems.
• Maintains current with all new policies and procedures published.
• Provides direction to non licensed nursing staff in the delivery of patient care.
• Anticipates potential problems situations and intervenes to offset any adverse impact.
• Contacts the organ procurement organization in order to satisfy regulatory requirements for the determination of medical suitability for organ, tissue and eye donation; completes certificate of referral/request and places same in the medical record.
• Plans and coordinates time schedule with peers to provide coverage.
• Builds a positive work environment by guiding employees to support the mission of the hospital, providing developmental opportunities and encouraging teamwork.
• Ensures the distribution and delivery of equipment/supplies as necessary.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
• Current registered nurse’s license in the State of Texas
• Current BLS certification.
• ACLS or PALS certification within 6 months of hire (as applicable to department)
• Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas
• Organizational skills is necessary
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
• Prefer hospital experience