Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted 5 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
Job Title: (RN ONLY) OR
Job Req # 22890
Department: 6770-WOMENS HOSPITAL OR
Location: Women's Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Responsible for providing nursing care for patients during the intraoperative phase of the perioperative experience based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Performs nursing activities in the operating room where the circulating nurse is the patient's advocate. Answers patient needs by assisting the physician and person responsible for anesthesia care. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports DHR vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Texas, and ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
2. Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of DHR and the department.
3. Provides effective and efficient patient care management. Demonstrates strong and effective managerial techniques/skills in established lines of authority.
4. Maintains professional competence by participating in continuing education and other learning experiences.
5. Addresses patient needs during admission to the operating room.
6. Ensures that approved operating room procedures are followed to meet the requirements of scheduled procedures.
7. Adheres to hospital/unit policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
8. Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
9. Demonstrates ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
10. Supports and promotes excellence in customer/guest relations.
11. Supports and promotes the organization's Infection Control Program.
12. Supports and promotes the organization's Safety Program.
13. Supports and promotes the organization's Risk Management Program.
14. Demonstrates maturity and accountability for job performance.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
Current registered nurse's license in the State of Texas
Current BLS certification
ACLS or PALS certification within 6 months of hire
Experience in the Operating Room is strongly preferred. Ability to practice nursing as described by the following definition: "The diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health alternations." Ability to utilize the best nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not limited to administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others. The successful candidate will be required to pass competencies for this position.