Medical Assistant - Urology
Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted 2 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: Vocational Degree Required
Certificates: Not Stated
Experience Level: All
Job Title: Medical Assistant - Urology
Job Req # 24635
Department: 8915 UROLOGY CLINIC_PB
Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Shift: Days - Hours Vary ***Travel to Weslaco Required***
Perform selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management under the direction of a physician. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual's degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the organization and respective state laws governing such action and activities.
• High School/GED preferred.
• Certification obtained from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Bilingual – English/Spanish.
• Two (2) years experience in clinical setting most desirable.
• Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
• Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
• Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
• Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
• Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
• Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
• Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Assist the physician in the room as needed.
• Translate for patient/physician as needed.
• Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients.
• Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
• Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
• Other duties as assigned.