Medical Assistant (Maternal Fetal Med)
Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted 7 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
Job Title: Medical Assistant (Maternal Fetal Med)
Job Req # 21828
Department: 7782 - 1115 Waiver - Maternal Fetal Medicine
Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Shift: Days - Hours vary
Assist administrative and clinical team members by performing a variety of clerical and clinical duties to ensure departmental function within the practice as well as departmental compliance in accordance with State and Federal regulations. Such duties include but are not limited to: Scribing, translation, wound care, post operative visits, assisting providers with patients, making appointments, taking calls from patients, pharmacies and other physician offices. Participates in volunteer programs and special assignments, and performs other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
• Perform basic administrative medical assisting functions.
• Assist in obtaining patient history, chief complaint and vital signs as necessary.
• Schedule, coordinate and monitor appointments
• Understand and adhere to managed care policies and procedures.
• Keep rooms neat, clean and well stocked with supplies
• Set up rooms as needed for in office procedures
• Assist physician with in office procedures as needed.
• Monitor schedule in order to ensure that medical records needed from other physicians or hospital are obtained prior to pt coming into the office for scheduled visit.
• Comply with quality assurance practices.
• Screen, collect and follow up on patient test results.
• Collect and process specimens accurately and timely.
• Perform diagnostic and laboratory tests and wound care as necessary.
• Adhere to established patient screening procedures at all times.
• Scribe for physicians as needed.
• Assist with the preparation and administration of medications and immunizations.
• Maintains accurate medication and immunization records.
• Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies as needed.
• Prepares and maintains all patient files in an orderly fashion.
• File and or scan faxed information in charts after review by provider as necessary.
• Ensure that positive results or stat results are provided to the practitioner in a timely manner.
• Perform inventory of supplies and equipment as necessary.
• Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies as needed.
• Answer and direct all phone calls appropriately
• Effectively communicates and works well with other staff
• Help patients to navigate patient portals as needed.
• Adheres to assigned projects/tasks
• Volunteers for special assignments/projects
• Performs other assigned duties as assigned
• High School graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
• Completion of CNA program, Medical Assistant Program, PCA or like program required.
• CPR certification preferred.
• Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
• Organizational skills are necessary
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Bilingual, English/Spanish, required
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physician
• Physician office experience is preferred.
• Three (3) years experience in a busy OB/GYN physician office, required.
• Ability to take vital signs to include, but not limited to: height, weight, blood pressure, temperature and pulse
• Must have computer experience and must be able to learn practice IS system
• Previous experience with an EMR system preferred.
• Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
• Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.