Hillcrest Healthcare System
Posted 8 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
Click Here for Options to Apply
Date posted: 09/07/2018
The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for using the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide care to assigned patients. Responsible and accountable for identifying and prioritizing needs, formulating the plan of care, prioritizing/managing/delegating interventions and collaborating with the physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
1) Demonstrate ability to competently perform all duties of an Intensive Care RN. Strive for 100% compliance with Core Measures and work diligently to improve and maintain HCAHPS scores.
2) Demonstrate ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all members of the interdisciplinary team, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
3) Demonstrate high level critical thinking and independent decision-making skills. .
4) Able to provide total care of the critically ill patient utilizing the nursing process. Practices within the scope of the Oklahoma Nurse Practice Act.
5) Deliver quality nursing care with a focus on excellent customer service.
6) Accurately document all nursing assessments and procedures as directed in the electronic medical record.
7) Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel as appropriate.
8) Maintain communication with Charge RN and ICU Director regarding competencies and skill set.
9) Participate in mandatory and optional continuing education as directed.
10)Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy practices in accordance with HIPAA. Complete annual competency and safety training as assigned.
11)Other tasks as delegated by the Charge RN or ICU Director.
Education: A graduate of an accredited nursing school.
Technical/Formal Training: Must obtain and maintain a current certification in CPR. The ICU Staff RN must maintain ACLS. New graduate nurses have up to six months to obtain their ACLS. Experienced new hires have 90 days to obtain ACLS.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Experience: At least one year of experience as Registered Nurse. Will consider prior LPN experience where applicable.
Licensure: Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse.
Intensive Care Unit - Hillcrest Hospital South