Unit Administrative Assistant - OR Services - FT Days
Posted 7 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: Vocational Degree Required
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Unit Administrative Assistant - OR Services - FT Days
Job Ref # 42467
REFER A FRIEND
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmail
Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: DAY (7:00AM - 3:00PM)
Work Week: Variable schedule.
The Unit Administrative Assistant performs key functions that support the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost-effective care. As a receptionist, the Unit Administrative Assistnat employs effective communication skills in all interactions and promotes good customer relations. Maintains competency requirements for computer medical terminology and other job related functions. Oversees multiple priorities and uses organizational skills to maintain an orderly environment. The Unit Secretary practices Relationship Centered Care in concert with The Methodist Hospital values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence and ServicePride standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to maintaining an environment that assures all customers, all individuals, are treated with dignity and respect. Employee actively participates in making recommendations for improving working relationships in the department/unit.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the hospital systems and serves as a resource to physicians, patients, visitors and staff.
3. Maintains and accurately processes and updates unit and patient records, e.g., transcription of physicians orders, discharge disposition codes, computer data entries, kardexes, medical records, identifications labels, patients` valuable, etc.
4. Provides prompt and personalized service to all patients.
5. Coordinates scheduling of tests with the healthcare team and other departments to achieve cost-effective and positive patient outcomes.
6. Inventories, monitors and orders supplies to maintain par levels.
7. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
8. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
9. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely, and effective manner.
10. Demonstrates proficiency in the use and maintenanceof clerical equipment, such as computers, facsimile and printers.
11. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals and other resource information.
12. Generally works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear, professional and appropriate to the age of the patient served.
13. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) to all customers including co-workers. Shows flexibility and accountability for meeting scheduling requirements.
14. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for 1 patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
15. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
16. Performs job duties in accordance with established policy/procedures and regulatory requirements.
17. Demonstrates flexibility to perform other duties, including assisting with patient care, as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Must be at least 18 years of age High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 2 years of secretarial/office or college/vocational training required. Types a minimum of 30 words per minute. Computer application skills required. Prior health care experience and/or medical terminology preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED BLS preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.