Posted 5 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: High School Degree Required
Certificates: Not Stated
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Job Ref # 42962
REFER A FRIEND
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmail
8100 Greenbriar St
Houston, TX 77054
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Note: This position is located in System Pharmacy Services.
Perform secretarial duties that require experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and pratices. Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports etc. Screen telephone calls, receive and direct visitors, resolve routine inquiries. Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinate related arrangements. Assist Director in creation of presentation materials as needed.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodists Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Answers telephones, troubleshoots and direct calls to the appropriate person in a professional manner.
2. Perform routine duties associated with specific department core functions/services
3. Deliver documents to other departments for signature and arrange pickup
1. Types various correspondence including letters, memos and various other department communications.
2. Assist with maintaining office equipment and calls for service as needed
3. Organizes details of calendars. Includes prioritizing, maintenance and control of meeting schedules
1. Must be knowledgeable on where to access information both in the department and within the institution to support the department
2. Maintains and achieves the highest standards of quality, delivery of care and service
1. Orders department supplies assure adequate stock, avoiding excessive purchases
2. Processes incoming invoices, verifying charges and expenses
1. Monitors processes and work flow across front desk and recommends changes improve efficiency/quality
2. Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in the face of changing demands.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Distinguishing Characteristics Secretary III :
1. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
2. Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity.
3. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
Five or more years of secretarial experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Knowledge of standard office equipment
Computer skills with proficiency in WINDOWS and Microsoft Office products
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.