Case Manager-Care Management-Rapid City
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Shift: Not Stated
Education Level: BSN Preferred
Certificates: Not Stated
Experience Level: All
Rapid City, SD
Apply with LinkedIn
RCH Care Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Day (United States of America)
Provides clinically based care management to support the delivery of effective and efficient patient and family centered care in the acute care hospital setting. Responsible for collaboration with medical staff, patients, family and the health care team by assessing, facilitating, planning and advocating for health needs on an individual basis resulting in quality, cost-effective outcomes. Determines realistic goals and coordinates efforts to ensure smooth discharge planning and clear follow up after discharge. Utilizes InterQual criteria guidelines to confirm medical necessity for admission and continued stay. Establishes goals and priorities consistent with the mission and goals of Rapid City Regional System of Care, as well as meet requirements of JCAHO and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting bodies. Collaborates with medical staff and the interdisciplinary team to promote quality patient outcomes. Performs follow up discharge call with in 48 hours.
● Applies up-to-date information related to reimbursement procedures, managed care contracts and patient status in facilitating/collaborating in the plan of care.
● Coordinates the provider aspect of federal/state organization functions as detailed in the Conditions of
Participation and other appropriate regulations.
● Supports compliance with Utilization Review and regulatory guidelines. Identify trends related to compliance of regulations and collaborates with appropriate hospital personnel and external agencies to ensure appropriate process changes are implemented.
● Supports the Medical Staff Quality Review process by identification of issues related to quality indicators set forth by the Medical Staff.
● Creates and updates the Plan of Care (POC) to include patient/family-centered goals with interventions that reflect the changing needs of the patient/family unit and is consistent with their current needs and desires.
●Maintains a working knowledge and relationship with community resources and payer benefits that link the individual with the most appropriate resources. Assists by maintaining expertise on benefits, reimbursement and contract/regulation changes per payer guidelines, Medicare and Medicaid to facilitate appropriate reimbursement, education and guidance to assist the healthcare team and patient/family in decision making.
● Facilitates planning for patient/family needs to ensure a smooth transition for the patient across the
continuum of care.
● Evaluates current treatment plan to identify barriers, determine realistic goals and objectives, and seek potential alternatives in conjunction with the medical staff. Coordinates team efforts with support services departments to ensure appropriate care and smooth discharge transition.
● Is a visible resource on the unit and coordinates interdisciplinary team huddles/communication, identifying and
communicating the patient’s health care needs based on the best practice standards to ensure care and communication needs are met in relation to both internal and external providers/services, ancillary department services, core measures, compliance with internal policies/regulatory guidelines and True North metrics.
● Performs follow-up phone calls to patients within 48 hours of discharge and triages patients/family calls up to the first outpatient follow-up visit. Confirms follow up appointments are made and coordinates further communication/clarification with providers as indicated.
Education - Associates degree in Nursing; Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 5+ years of Acute Experience; 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Business Bachelors or Nursing
Certification - Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Come join us in our pursuit to become the best healthcare system in America!
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply with LinkedIn