RN Flex Team – Nursing Float Pool
Penn State Health
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All|Experienced
RN Flex Team – Nursing Float Pool
Job ID: 8277
Category: Registered Nurse
Click Here to Apply
click here to apply
Keep Me In Mind
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type &FTE: Per Diem, 0.19 FTE
Shift & Hours: Varied
Incorporates knowledge of the nursing process and the professional standards of nursing in daily practice. Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments/interventions. Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient.
– Manages and coordinates the care of patients in a defined care delivery model, utilizing the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
– Supervises and/or provides all nursing care provided to an assigned patient population. Any delegated care is based on the abilities and limitations of care personnel and patient acuity. Continually monitors the performance of the team members reporting to the RN and adjusts the delivery of care or clinical technique appropriate to the patient.
– Collaborates and communicates effectively with the interdisciplinary team.
– Accountable for patient/family education in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team and patient/family.
– Documents nursing care and patient status in accordance with the nursing process and standards of care.
– Provides a safe environment and promotes quality patient care through adherence to established standards.
– Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities.
– Demonstrates competent professional practice, and engages in opportunities for professional growth.
– Contributes to the productivity and professional environment of the department.
– Performs related duties as required.
– Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
– Recent acute care nursing experience within last 18 months.
– Active RN license in the state of PA.
– BLS required.
– ACLS required on telemetry units within 12 months.
– Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
– Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
– Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
– Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
– Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
– Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpasses standards to achieve/maintain quality.
If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position’s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans Disabled.
Department: Work Type: Status: Union: -->
If you need special accommodations to access job openings, or to apply for a job, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.