Nurse Practitioner - Jacksonville, FL (Fulltime - Float)
Posted 1 week ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: MSN
Certificates: Not Stated
Experience Level: All
Job Title :
Nurse Practitioner - Jacksonville, FL (Fulltime - Float)
Job ID :
FL - Jacksonville
Street Address :
121 W. MacClenny Ave.
The MinuteClinic Family Nurse Practitioner Fellow (FNPF) provides defined acute care and wellness services in a unique retail setting. After 2-4 weeks of working with their Preceptor the FNPF will begin to work autonomously. MinuteClinic FNPFs perform physical assessments, treat illnesses, provide healthy lifestyle coaching to patients , and prescribe medications as needed (patients 18 months and over). The FNPF completes accurate patient documentation using our EMR, as well as duties such as supply ordering, inventory, and weekly patient logs. The FNPF will also be required to complete the curriculum outlined in the Residency Program during their first 6 months of employment. This program includes completion of a virtual educational component, monthly webinars, attending various meetings, presentation of cases with their Preceptor and collaborating physician, and attend local company events.
Major Job Duties
* Demonstrates age-related growth and development principles necessary to provide appropriate patient care
* Provides appropriate diagnosis/treatment and prescribes medications as indicated per guidelines
* Keeps accurate patient and clinical records
* Adheres to the Nurses Code of Ethics and works within the MinuteClinic scope of practice
* Continually strives to increase knowledge and skills, and stays current with healthcare trends and procedures, maintaining appropriate CME requirements for licensure
* Explains services, benefits, and fees to the general public, patients who visit the clinic, and the larger medical community
* Ensures clinic environment is clean, following universal precautions for any blood or body fluid clean up and disposal
* Completes a project or research under direction of preceptor
* Other duties as assigned
Who is MinuteClinic?
MinuteClinic is the largest provider of retail health care in the nation and continues to be reaccredited by The Joint Commission. MinuteClinic’s unique structure and approach to health care offers a rewarding alternative to the traditional patient care practice, focused on autonomy, empowerment, education and evidence-based patient care. As the largest employer of Nurse Practitioners, MinuteClinic operates the most retail clinics in the nation, and partners with some of the largest health care systems in the country!
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required:
* Recent FNP graduate with less than one year experience
* Masters Degree in Nursing and board certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
* Active nursing licenses in state of employment
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding organization skills and multi-tasking abilities
* Initiative, adaptability, and flexibility
* Ability to work without direct supervision after 6 week job shadowing
* Master’s Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program
MinuteClinic is the largest provider of retail health care in the nation and continues to be reaccredited by The Joint Commission. MinuteClinic’s unique structure and approach to health care offers a rewarding alternative to the traditional patient care practice, focused on autonomy, empowerment, education and evidence-based patient care. MinuteClinic operates the most retail clinics in the nation and is partnered with some of the largest health care systems in the country!
With MinuteClinic, you have the unique opportunity to manage your clinic and treat your own patients, in an autonomous environment, always knowing you have the support of your colleagues, managers and collaborating physicians, behind you. Led by our expert clinicians and guided by our evidenced based practices, MinuteClinic moves the treatment of common illnesses forward and provides the high-quality care you might expect from traditional patient care settings.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/