Registered Nurse - Telephone Triage
North Memorial Health Care
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: BSN Preferred
Experience Level: All
Requisition Number 16-2365
Post Date 11/14/2016
Title Registered Nurse - Telephone Triage
Department Care Access
Job Group Nursing
Employment Type Part Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 72
Shift Length 12 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement None
Mandatory Wknd Requirement Every Other Weekend
Description Telephone triage is a communication with and/or regarding an established customer or non-North Memorial established customer in which a specially trained and experienced RN utilizes clinical judgment and the nursing process. The Care Access Triage nurse is guided by use of nursing process, and medically approved protocols to determine the urgency of the customer’s problem, and to direct the customer to the appropriate level of care. The Care Access Triage nurse executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning; implementation; and evaluation. Telephone Care Access Triage nurse will also provide education, advice and documentation into the medical record. The scope of practice may include the care of neonates, infants, pediatrics, young adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• 1-2 years of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or clinic setting. Prefer 3 years experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to provide telephone nursing assessment of the actual or potential health needs of an individual and provide nursing care such as teaching, counseling, case finding and referral to other health resources and evaluates these actions.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Knowledge of drugs and their indication, contraindications, dosing, side effects and proper administration.
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
• Knowledge of customer evaluation and triage procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to listen, observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions and progress.
• Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
• Strong computer skills.
License Requirement • Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota
• Current BLS training or completion of the training process during orientation
Send This Job to a Friend