North Memorial Health Care
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: BSN Preferred
Experience Level: All|Experienced|New Grad
Requisition Number 17-0934
Post Date 6/1/2017
Title Registered Nurse - Flex
Department Emergency Department
Job Group Nursing
Employment Type Part Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 48
Shift Length 12 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement None
Mandatory Wknd Requirement Every Other Weekend
Description The Registered Staff Nurse (RN) provides holistic, care to customers and families. The focus is on independent, collaborative and delegated nursing functions as described in standards and competencies specific to the assigned service area. The scope of practice may include the care of neonates, infants, children, young adults, adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle. The RN executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning; implementation; and evaluation. The RN develops and revises the customer’s plan of care, coordinates care among disciplines and delegates activities to other customer care providers as appropriate. The RN participates in shared accountability and decision-making for nursing practices. Through active participation in practice and by implementing personal leadership qualities and skill, the RN defines, implements, and improves practice standards and the environment of care and promotes remarkable customer care.
Unit/Department Specific (if applicable)
Variation of duties may result based on the assigned customer care unit(s). This may include differences in the specific clinical skills required of the RN. Unit based skill lists outline expectations beyond the house wide RN requirements.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
• Minimum of 6 months acute care RN experience required
Willing to consider new graduates for 0.7 FTE positions or higher with an Associate degree, Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in Nursing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Additional certification preferred, as appropriate, for chosen area(s) of nursing practice (i.e., CEN, CCRN)
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice.
• Knowledge of nursing ethics.
• Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota State Requirement • Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, pre-employment requirement State Requirement • NRP - in applicable units NMHC Standard • TNCC - in applicable units NMHC Standard • ACLS - in applicable units NMHC Standard • Current Wisconsin RN license - in applicable units State Requirement • EMT - in applicable units NMHC Standard • PALS - Air Care RNs NMHC Standard • CEN, CCRN or CFRN within 18 months of hire date for Air Care RNs NMHC Standard
Additional Requirements ACLS & BLS required at time of hire
ENPC required within 6 months
TNCC required within 1 year
Must have at least 6 months acute care experience to be considered. ED experience preferred.
Send This Job to a Friend