North Memorial Health Care
Posted 1 year ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: BSN Preferred
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Signing Bonus Amount: $50,000.00
Requisition Number 17-0576
Post Date 4/7/2017
Title Nurse RN Urgency Center
Department Minnetonka Med Ctr-Urgenc
Job Group Nursing
Employment Type Part Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 48
Shift Length 8 & 12 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement None
Mandatory Wknd Requirement Every 3rd Weekend
Description The RN, Urgency Center is a health care provider responsible for providing individualized care to customers and their families according to established standards, policies and procedures: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning; implementation; and evaluation. The RN coordinates care among disciplines and delegates activities to other patient care providers as appropriate. The RN will help manage the flow of customers throughout the Urgency Center and assists providers in treatment / management of their customers and promotes customer-focused, team-centered care.
The RN, Urgency Center identifies and responds promptly and effectively to emergent situations, the RN contributes as a part of the care team in providing supportive, comforting and compassionate care to customers and families, and actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of the Urgency Center and North Memorial Health Care.
• One year of experience in Emergency Room and/or Critical Care is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to be anticipatory to the needs of the customer; to take initiative, be self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer care and quality customer service, and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
License Requirement • Current licensure as RN in State of MN - State Requirement
• Current BLS Certification - NMHC Standard
• Current ACLS Certification - NMHC Standard
• Current TNCC Certification - NMHC Preferred
• Current PALS Certification - NMHC Preferred
Additional Requirements New grads considered if previous Emergency Room or Paramedic Experience.
This position qualifies for a $500 sign-on bonus for newly hired team members. Bonus will be awarded after 6 months of employment. Not applicable for internal team members transferring into this position.
Send This Job to a Friend