North Memorial Health Care
Posted 3 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Requisition Number 18-0846
Post Date 5/9/2018
Title Medical Assistant or LPN
Department Specialty Clinics Admin
Job Group Medical Support
Employment Type Full Time (Regular)
Hours Per Pay Period 80
Shift Length 8 Hours
Mandatory Call Requirement None
Mandatory Wknd Requirement None
City Maple Grove
Description The Medical Assistant is certified to manage the customer flow throughout the clinic and assists providers in the management and treatment of their customers, individualizing care to the age of the customer. These customers may include infant, child, adolescent, adult, or geriatric. The Medical Assistant also provides telephone support and facilitates communication between customers and providers.
The Medical Assistant takes direction from the Clinic Supervisor, Clinic Manager, and Providers
Unit/Department Specific (if applicable)
• Addresses health care directives and safety concerns with customers during rooming process
• May assist with prescription refills under the supervision of the provider according to the Clinic Medication Refill Policy.
• Assists customers via telephone in the clinic Message Center. The CMA may collect information and transmit that information to a provider so that the provider can make a decision about customer care. The CMA may give the provider’s advice to the customer; however, the CMA cannot perform telephone triage.
• May perform x-ray duties as assigned and has passed the x-ray operator exam.
• Performs prior authorization functions related to rheumatology. This includes contacting insurance companies, specialty pharmacies and customers.
• Read, interpret and document provider notes regarding prior authorizations.
• Have a medical understanding of rheumatology and diagnosis codes.
Primary Care and HHH Cancer Center
• Performs clinic laboratory tasks including order processing, specimen collection and processing, and diagnostic testing. Completes annual Lab competency testing. Quality control functions include performing calibrations, proficiency testing and attending in-services with regard to lab changes in procedure and/or equipment
• Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
• Passed x-ray operator’s examination or willing to take exam according to individual clinic needs.
• Occupational Medicine experience preferred. Only applicable for Occupational Medicine.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
• Knowledge of and skill in using computer software applications.
• Travel using personal vehicle to various local worksites is required. Only applicable for Occupational Medicine.
• High School graduate or equivalent (i.e., GED) required.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
• Must be certified; or pass the certification exam within 6 months of hire as a condition of continued employment.
License Requirement • Current BLS Certification - NMHC Standard
• Medical Assistant Certification - NMHC Standard
• Breath Alcohol Tester Certification (Must obtain certification administered by North Memorial AFTER hire, Only applicable for Occupational Medicine) - NMHC Standard
• Must possess a current driver’s license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record. Only applicable for Occupational Medicine - NMHC Standard
• Drug Screen Certification (Must obtain certification as administered by North Memorial AFTER hire - only applicable for Occupational Medicine) - NMHC Standard
Additional Requirements At time of hire must provide:
High School Diploma/GED
Medical Assistant Diploma
Send This Job to a Friend