Posted 11 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
Staff LPN-Mental Health
Send This Job to a Friend
YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH
Day & Evening shifts
At the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) and/or Licensed Practitioners, the Staff Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) contributes to meeting patient's priority needs by assessing and participating in interdisciplinary care planning, providing delegated care and timely communication of the patient's response. The Staff LPN contributes to an efficient and effective work environment through activities including professional communication and documentation.
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Contributes to the assessment and reassessment based on the patient's presenting problems/needs in accordance with Bryan Medical Center's procedures.
3. *Communicates pertinent initial and ongoing patient data to the RN for identification of nursing priorities of care and desired outcomes/goals.
4. *Utilizes appropriate standards of care based on the patient's diagnosis and age-specific needs.
5. *Executes therapeutic and/or supportive interventions under the direction of the RN.
6. *As directed by the RN, provides education for the patient and family to meet identified patient needs according to their needs, abilities, preferences and readiness to learn.
7. *Participates in the evaluation of the patient's response to and effectiveness of interventions.
8. *Incorporates cultural considerations into the plan/delivery of care as directed by the RN.
9. *Includes family or significant others in the care of the patient as appropriate.
10. *Documents patient care and related information according to Bryan Medical Center procedures for documentation.
11. *Enters patient care orders into the computer accurately and consistently according to policy and procedure.
12. *Provides care in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
13. *Provides close observation or one-to-one care, as directed by the RN, to prevent patients from wandering or potential injury.
14. *Contributes to the patient's transition to the next level of care.
15. *Assumes responsibility in a shared or delegated assignment and supports team member's practices through timely communication.
16. *Serves as a role model to colleagues, students and other care providers.
17. Actively participates in continued learning opportunities and continued self-development pertinent to the work unit and duties of the job.
In addition to the principal job functions contained on the primary job descriptions, the following duties are also required for the Mental Health Staff LPN.
1. Performs therapeutic nursing interventions consistent with the Mental Health Program under the direction of the RN including:
• Provides pre- and post-care to the patient undergoing electro-convulsive therapy
• Crisis intervention
• Co-facilitates groups
• Administers psychotropic medication/patient monitoring
• Monitors and controls milieu
• Emergency Protective Custody
• Evaluates and initiates proper procedures for falls, suicide, restraint/seclusion, elopement, aggression
• Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings
• Performs complete mental status assessment
• Partners with a RN to administer care to approximately 10-12 patients.
2. Manages the care of adult patients with conditions, including but not limited to: depressive disorder, depressive psychosis, schizophrenic disorders, recurrent depression, bi-polar disorders, and substance abuse.
3. Manages the care of children and adolescents with conditions, including but not limited to: bi-polar disorder, ADHD, depressive disorders, substance abuse, learning disabilities, PTSD, aspergers syndrome, psychosis.
4. Utilizes Trauma Informed Care principles.
Graduation from a School of Practical Nursing with current licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act. Must provide evidence of certification and/or instruction for practice area as required by State or Federal standards/regulations. Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.
Send to Myself
Current Employees Click Here to Apply
Return to Search Results