Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted 2 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All|Experienced
Job Title: (RN ONLY) ICU
Job Req # 22535
Department: 6028 - NEURO ICU
Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for departmental specific patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Texas and ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
1. Performs nursing care using sound judgment.
2. Implements physician's orders in a safe and accurate manner.
3. Assists with admitting, discharging and transferring patients.
4. Transcribes and implements new physician orders.
5. Adapts to the needs of the unit by demonstrating flexibility/adaptability.
6. Maintains detailed and accurate records of nursing actions.
7. Participates in health/therapeutic counseling, teaching/emotional support for patients and significant others.
8. Makes rounds on assigned patients and prioritizes patient's needs.
9. Maintains a safe and clean environment for patients and co-workers.
10. Provides and receives reports in a status of patients at the change of shifts.
11. Administers medication and therapies within the scope of safe nursing practice.
12. Formulates, modifies and implements goal oriented patient care plans according to facility policies.
13. Assumes responsibility to report clinical limitations or the need for assistance to
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Abides by the rules and regulations set forth by the Board of Nurse Examiners
16. Adheres to policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
17. Informs the charge nurse of any anticipated and/or actual issues/problems.
18. Maintains current with all new policies and procedures published.
19. Provides direction to non licensed nursing staff in the delivery of patient care.
20. Anticipates potential problems situations and intervenes to offset any adverse
21. Contacts the organ procurement organization in order to satisfy regulatory requirements
for the determination of medical suitability for organ, tissue and eye donation; completes
certificate of referral/request and places same in the medical record.
22. Plans and coordinates time schedule with peers to provide coverage.
23. Builds a positive work environment by guiding employees to support the mission of
the hospital, providing developmental opportunities and encouraging teamwork.
24. Ensures the distribution and delivery of equipment/supplies as necessary.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing required; previous critical care experience preferred.
Current registered nurse's license in the State of Texas
Current BLS certification
ACLS certification within 6 months of hire
Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas
Ability to practice nursing as described by the following definition: "The diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health alternations." Ability to utilize the best nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not limited to administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others. The successful candidate will be required to pass competencies for this position.