Medical Assistant (Pedi Neuro)
Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted 3 months ago
Listing Type: Nursing
Employment Type: Nursing
Education Level: ADN/ASN
Experience Level: All
Job Title: Medical Assistant (Pedi Neuro)
Job Req # 21315
Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Shift: Days ***Start Date 7/2/18 Williamson***
Assist administrative and clinical team members by performing a variety of clerical and clinical duties to ensure departmental function within the practice as well as departmental compliance in accordance with State and Federal regulations. Such duties include but are not limited to: Scribing, translation, wound care, post operative visits, assisting providers with patients, making appointments, taking calls from patients, pharmacies and other physician offices. Participates in volunteer programs and special assignments, and performs other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
- Perform basic administrative medical assisting functions.
- Assist in obtaining patient history and vital signs as necessary.
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor appointments
- Understand and adhere to managed care policies and procedures.
- Keep rooms clean and well stocked with supplies
- Comply with quality assurance practices.
- Screen, collect and follow up on patient test results.
- Collect and process specimens accurately and timely.
- Perform diagnostic and laboratory tests and wound care as necessary
- Adhere to established patient screening procedures at all times
- Scribe for physicians as needed.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of medications and immunizations
- Maintains accurate medication and immunization records.
- Prepares and maintains all patient files in an orderly fashion.
- File and or scan faxed information in charts after review by provider as necessary.
- Ensure that positive results or stat results are provided to the practitioner in a timely manner.
- Perform inventory of supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Answer and direct all phone calls appropriately
- Effectively communicates and works well with other staff
- Adheres to assigned projects/tasks
- Volunteers for special assignments/projects
- Performs other assigned duties as assigned
- High School graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Completion of CNA program, Medical Assistant Program, PCA or like program required.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Organizational skills are necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Bilingual, English/Spanish, required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Physician office experience is preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in a busy physician office, preferred.
- Ability to take vital signs to include, but not limited to: height, weight, blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Must have computer experience and must be able to learn practice IS system
- Previous experience with an EMR system preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.